Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mity Nice Bakery in Eureka, CA

Mity Nice Bakery in downtown Eureka is my favorite place to eat -- yum!

(707) 444-2999
712 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501
(between H Street & I Street)




















For decades, owner / baker Phil Burns was the beloved favorite cook to the Standford University crowd. Phil has taken the reigns of Eureka's oldest bakery to restore and recover the 1929-style flavor and quality.

Most restaurants don't offer fresh food. But when you get baked goods from a bakery, you know it was freshly baked, and you can taste that freshness.Knowing Phil for so long, I was not surprised when I bit into a Mity Nice sandwich made with right-out-of-the-oven fresh baked bread, high quality meat, leaf lettuce and juicy tomatos and found the rare sandwich that beats my own home made sandwiches. Just a few hours later, I tried the lasagna, truly the best ever... we need to cajole Phil to make some more! In the mean time, the piroshki are quite pleasing. I can't resist the cookies, muffins, pastries and other desserts.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but coffee enthusiasts will find that Mity Nice gives you an expensive Humboldt Bay coffee for less than Starbucks price.I hear that Mity Nice now offers office and event catering, and will be offering pre-order holiday pies. You can phone order at (707) 444-2999 or pop in at 712 5th St., Eureka, CA (between H and I streets) and is spelled Mity Nice, not Mitey Nice. Enjoy! Corey Chambers

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOOK FOR PHILIP BURNS owner of Mity Nice Bakery in Eureka to assist his sister Allyson Fiander of DADDYCAKES CUPCAKES on CUPCAKE WARS on the Food Network 9:00pm June 15!

Joel Mielke said...

Good luck on the show tonight!

Anonymous said...

I bought several cupcakes of different flavors yesterday for a little gathering. They were all delicious- nothing like what you usually buy in a bakery. They were moist, tasty and the frosting was incredible.

I thought the judges on Cupcake Wars were awful to Allyson. I loved her style (the visuals) on what she did. The French guy was the worst.

Thanks for putting yourselves out there though. We love your bakery.